The Severn Glocon Technologies Manufacturing Centre features a dedicated inspection room, off-line programming area, administration and staff facilities compliment the custom designed machine shop area.
Severn Glocon Technologies can offer its own precision engineering and manufacturing facility specialising in materials for harsh environments including stainless steels, aluminium alloys, nickel alloys, cobalt alloys, plastics, elastomers and ceramics.
The facilities include:
• 2 CNC DPM-Mills with CADCAM software interface (1 with 4th axis)
• 2 XYZ Turret Mills with 2 axis control
• 3 Semi CNC Lathes – Alpha 550, Alpha 400+ and XYZ 420
• Manual lathe – 2 metre centres
• Manual Lathe – Colchester
• 1 Sodick EDM wire erosion
• Grinding shop
• Power saw
• Coordinate measurement machine
• Extensive inspection equipment fully traceable to national standards.
The manufacturing facility uses an MRP system to track and control the production of all components. These components can be traced through the processes which were undertaken during the manufacturing stages through to the material batch from which a component was made.
The manufacturing facility uses a variety of equipment for inspection and checking including a coordinate measuring machine all of which is independently calibrated to national standards. Inspection standards can be set by client needs and range from full dimension inspection through First Article Inspection Reporting (FAIR) to full inspection with 100% reporting.
These combined facilities allow Severn Glocon Technologies to achieve its quality objectives in providing the customer with the high quality service expected and required.