Vacancy for an Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer
Severn Glocon Technologies Ltd has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer. You will maintain an active role within the multi-disciplinary design team, helping to drive our current technology forward to meet our customer’s advanced project requirements in the oil, gas and renewable energy sectors. The company undertakes a diverse range of projects that will give the successful candidate the opportunity to contribute to designs at an industrial control panel level, through to PCB layout and electronic assembly level.
What are my responsibilities?
- To undertake engineering design and development tasks to the appropriate directives, standards and codes.
- To work as a member of the team, liaising with colleagues within the group, clients and suppliers whilst following existing design processes and practices and conforming to company standards.
- To participate in the preparation of technical documentation.
- To prepare technical and commercial quotations.
- To undertake assembly and testing activities as required including Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs).
- To participate in commissioning and Site Acceptance Tests (SATs) at our customer’s facilities.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- A good relevant engineering degree or HNC/HND.
- A strong electrical/electronic design background with an understanding of systems engineering.
- Experience of Electrical/Electronic CAD packages.
- Proficiency in MS Office – particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to carry out clear hand calculations.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Strong practical hands-on engineering skills.
In addition, it would be desirable for the candidate to be able to demonstrate experience in a number of the following areas:
- Industrial control panel design.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Solidworks Electrical/Altium Designer.
- CE marking.
- Control engineering.
- Document control systems (Solidworks PDM).
- Design for EMC compliance.
- PLC systems.
- Power & drive systems.
- Functional Safety (IEC 61511 & IEC 61508).
- Machine build.
- ATEX/IECEx (IEC 60079).
- Design of battery/solar PV systems.
Closing Date: 17th March 2017
Applications should be addressed to: HR Manager, Severn Glocon Technologies Ltd, 6 Jon Davey Drive, Treleigh Industrial Estate, Redruth, Cornwall TR16 4AX
Or can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org